Four CubeSats successfully deployed from “Kibo”!
June 25, 2019
On June 17, four CubeSats were deployed from the Japanese Experiment Module (JEM) “Kibo”: NepaliSat-1 co-developed by the Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) and the Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech), Raavana-1 co-developed by the Arthur C Clarke Institute of Modern Technologies (ACCIMT), Sri Lanka, and Kyutech, Uguisu developed by Kyutech, and SpooQy-1 co-developed by the Singapore Space and Technology Association (SSTA) and the National University of Singapore.
- BIRDS-3 Project
- The SpooQy Lab
- Pre-launch operations begin for deploying four CubeSats from ISS (March 4, 2019)
- Three CubeSats successfully deployed from “Kibo” as part of BIRDS Project! (August 17, 2018)
- CubeSats for BIRDS-2 handed over to JAXA. Launch preparations completed! (June 26, 2018)
- The “Kibo” utilization of Singapore begins~ SSTA and the JAXA signed a fee-based agreement to deploy small satellites from “Kibo” ~ (November 20, 2017)
- Successful deployment of five “BIRDS project” CubeSats from the “Kibo” (July 7, 2017)
- List of deployed CubeSats using J-SSOD